Green Valley School is a private K-12 school offering a stimulating curriculum and a supportive environment to ensure our students experience success every day. We focus on scholastic development, personal growth, and ethical enrichment. The result: students who are independent and confident, inquisitive and enthusiastic, responsible and compassionate.
We believe the school years are the most formative of a child’s life. These early years can breed intellectual apathy or curiosity to seek knowledge.
A time marked by creative, social, and emotional development, and characterized by a lifelong love of learning and the joys of new, diverse friendships.
GVS was founded in 1998 to provide students with excellent academic programs and a nurturing environment with close student-teacher relationships. GVS prepares students or success both personally and academically.
GVS Vision & Philosophy
The increasing need to challenge young children to discover, experiment and learn about the multicultural world around them is becoming a must and not an asset anymore. Through its distinctive trilingual education, GVS provides its students with the tool needed to challenge convention and to establish new benchmarks which allow students to be part of a world with no limits.
For a child, learning a second or a third language is not more difficult than learning just one. Learning new languages at young ages is greatly beneficial not only because of the children’s receptivity to such but also because of how languages differ from each other. This further boosts the child’s understanding of these languages. Learning German alongside English,the child’s understanding and appreciation of German is further enhanced.
Other benefits of learning three languages simultaneously are vast; Children’s creative thinking skills and cognitive flexibility are developed dramatically; traits that GVS finds particularly important.
Through the study of these languages, students are exposed and asked to master different contexts of communication. They are required to do so at a regular basis and this develops their communication skills considerably. Bilingual/Trilingual teaching will also stimulate a child’s urge to expose oneself to diverse and discomfort experiences.
In addition, a multilingual environment exposes a child to a variety of unlike cultures. He will be exposed to unusual perspectives and ways of thinking and will come to truly appreciate his home culture. These endeavors inspire our vision:
“TO BECOME AN AUTHENTIC TRILINGUAL SCHOOL”
This vision has shaped the education provided by the school since it was founded. It is a vision that continues to dictate every aspect of school life today. Arabic, English and German are taught in parallel. Every effort is made to develop students’ sensitivity and fluency in these languages and to ensure that they receive full benefit from their extensive linguistic education. The quest for our vision continues…!
“GVS is committed to providing a distinctive high quality education with emphasis on languages to meet the educational needs of the international and national community, while preserving the Egyptian identity – at a reasonable cost”.
GVS seeks to be one of the finest schools in Egypt. To achieve this goal and its mission, the School is committed to:
Educating students to lead lives of purpose and excellence develop their individual talents and abilities appreciate learning as a lifelong endeavor develop a strong sense of self-esteem in an atmosphere of mutual respect develop the skills, competencies, and flexibility needed for working life and for Egypt’s development in a changing world.
Being a trilingual school that:
- Gives students an understanding of the diversity of cultural differences and appreciation of the common experiences that bring us together. At the same time, feel privileged by their own cultural identity.
- Distinctively prepares students to make a difference in a challenging ever-changing world.
Green Valley School will fulfill its mission by:
- Creating a stimulating and interesting environment for children that is secure, caring and comfortable
- Providing an active learning program , which involves learning by doing, discovering and working with others to solve problems , hands–on experience
- Creating a learning atmosphere where life–long learning becomes a habit , which directs the transition from ” learning to please the teacher ” to learning for its own sake
- Introducing innovative curriculum development based on the most current researches creating opportunities for children to become confident, responsible and self–disciplined adults continually seeking ways to provide services more efficiently and with higher quality providing an environment which actively promotes children’s language and communication skills and places language and communication awareness as one of the highest priorities in the school
- Challenging all students to envision new possibilities
- Ensuring that student learning is the focus of all school activity
- Creating an educational environment in which the pursuit of academic excellence and intellectual growth is complemented by a concern for the moral, physical, psychological, and creative development of each student
Supported by its Motto – follow the rules, accept your responsibilities and uphold your rights – GVS aspires to live as a community that shares responsibilities and that values intellectual integrity, loyalty, and discipline.